The Learning Center works with community partners in Chicago and Rockford to help urban residents and their community associations develop the skills, resources, and leadership capacity to grow food and build local food systems.
- Our urban food and farm projects are based in the places where people live and eat.
- Community members of all ages have input and agency in shaping food and farm projects.
- Youth and adults grow life and job skills while learning to grow food.
- We support start-up micro-enterprises that bring healthy food and wealth to communities.
- We work together in partnership with community organizations to make the biggest impact.