What We Do
Angelic Organics Learning Center
helps urban and rural people build local food systems.
We offer opportunities to learn agricultural and leadership skills, grow healthy food and a better quality of life, and connect with farmers and the land.
We reach more than 4,000 people each year through our programs at partner farms and urban growing sites in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.
- Build Partnerships: We believe that partnerships between farmers and area residents are the cornerstone of a healthy local food system. Since our founding in 1998, the Learning Center has linked diverse communities with sustainable farms and urban gardens.
- Grow Good Food: We help people understand and adopt organic and Biodynamic farming practices.
- Learn from Experience: We offer hands-on opportunities that engage the whole person and provide a deeper understanding of food, farming, and the environment.
- Strengthen Community Leadership: We offer learning experiences and practical resources that prepare people to create positive change in their communities.
- Advance Healthy Food as a Human Right: We are working for a world in which everyone has access to healthy food and a connection with farmers and the land. All of our programs reach communities with limited resources.